Here at Snap, we’re all about keeping up with the latest & greatest trends. We’re a bunch of foodies, after all. So when we realized that collagen was everywhere, we figured we’d do one better and put it in a refreshing lemon water drink. The best part? Grass-fed collagen & lemon work together to improve your skin, nail, hair & digestive health.
Our glow water combines hydrolyzed grass-fed beef collagen, lemon & water for the perfect way to rehydrate in the morning or as an on-the-go snack. With 9g of collagen per drink, it’s a great way to get in high quality, gut-healing protein. Curious about why we chose grass-fed collagen? Read here for more information on what it means for cows to be grass-fed.
Our collagen (like most on the market these days) is hydrolyzed, meaning it’s molecules are small enough to be absorbed by the intestine and bloodstream. The protein in hydrolyzed collagen peptides is more bioavailable and easier to digest than normal collagen, since the hydrolysis process breaks the collagen down into shorter chains of protein. Though certain amino acids can help with absorption, collagen peptides don’t need fat or any other vehicle for proper absorption, so they can be mixed directly into water or other beverages. Plus, we include lemon in our water, which is rich in vitamin C and helps regulate the synthesis of collagen.
Why should you drink it?
Collagen has a superfood reputation, and for good reason. Regular consumption of collagen (which can also be found in foods like eggs, bone broth, & salmon) can lead to improved gut health & digestion, improved skin health, decreased inflammation & improved hair, nail & joint health. No small feat!
Here are some of the reasons we love collagen:
1. Keeps skin firm and glowing – as we age, collagen production declines in our bodies. Regular consumption of collagen helps your skin cells to renew & repair normally.
2. Improves gut health – collagen helps sooth the gut lining & repair damaged cells, helping your gut and your digestion function optimally.
3. Strengthens hair and nails – do you suffer from cracking nails or split ends? A lack of collagen may be to blame! Supplementation can improve the strength of your hair & nails.
4. Helps joint pain – collagen can help your joints move more easily and can even help prevent joint deterioration.
5. Builds muscle and burns fat – collagen (and protein in general) helps add lean muscle mass. Glycine, one of the components of collagen, converts glucose (a simple sugar) into energy that feeds your muscles!
Collagen truly is a superfood, and we’re proud to offer it not only in our glow water, but in our chia berry boost smoothie as well. We even offer single-serve packets of Vital Proteins! We’re all for easy ways to improve your health and live your best life!