A letter from our CEO.
At Snap Kitchen, the health and well-being of our family of employees, customers and the communities we serve is our ultimate priority. It is our mission to make healthy living easy, especially in times like this.
Robust food safety protocols have been at the core of our business since we opened Snap Kitchen’s doors in 2010 and continues to be our sincerest commitment to our guests; to deliver healthy and safe food without compromise. We appreciate the trust that each of you place in our hands when you look to the Snap Kitchen team to feed you and your families, and I assure you — we take this responsibility very seriously.
Amid the growing concerns that COVID-19 has introduced into our lives, I wanted to highlight some of the routine, additional and proactive measures we are taking to ensure that our kitchens continue to produce safe food. Snap Kitchen will continue to offer a trusted solution to our customers during a time of heightened concern.
Our prep kitchens, warehouses and facilities adhere to the highest standards and protocols for food safety, handling and management — every step of the way. As a longstanding practice, Snap Kitchen takes additional safety precautions beyond what you’d find in a typical restaurant or food delivery provider. This means adhering to HACCP standards including environmental swabbing, listeria testing, and making use of boot scrubbers and full smocks, gloves, masks and floor foam sanitizing equipment. Our staff has received stringent certifications in Food Safety & HACCP practices and consistently make use of all of the above methods designed for virus protection. We also employ daily specialized cleaning and sanitizing protocols to further ensure our kitchens are safe. Additionally, our strict food preparation and packaging processes are meticulously thorough in accordance with the FDA, including flash chilling the food prior to packaging along with double-bagging and sealing orders, from first prep to delivery to your local store or doorstep.
Protecting Our Employees
In addition to following the CDC’s guidelines for frequent and thorough handwashing and disinfection, we’re conducting daily employee training to reinforce the stringent hygiene and personal wellness measures across our kitchens, distribution facilities and retail locations. We have provided protective wear for all food handlers within our organization and have enacted a strict policy at Snap Kitchen that requires any employee who feels unwell to stay home. These employees will also go through a rigorous vetting process before being allowed to return to work after illness. As a company, we have also paused all business-related air travel both domestically and internationally until further notice.
Ensuring a Safe Shopping Experience in Our Stores
For our loyal customers who shop with us in one of our retail locations, we have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces and have supplied all Snap locations with the essential materials (i.e. hand sanitizer, disinfecting sprays, wipes, gloves, etc.) to effectively combat the spread of germs.
No Interruption to Deliveries
We also understand that a lot of people are feeling uneasy about leaving their homes right now, and the thought of going out to complete basic functions like grocery shopping can induce anxiety. Snap delivery has been a long-time solution for customers who value the convenience of having our meals delivered directly to their homes, bypassing the need to leave the house altogether. Our commitment to delivering safe, quality meals remains unchanged. We’re focused on staying close to our delivery partners to ensure that we are prioritizing precautionary measures, including leaving no-contact deliveries at your door to reduce exposure risks amid this current climate of heightened risk.
Snap Kitchen provides the foundation for my own weekly healthy living routine. It’s during these times of uncertainty that I appreciate having a reliable solution for essentials such as healthy meals, snacks and beverages. This is why we are as committed as ever to serving you in this time of need.
If you have any additional questions, our Customer Service team is available via email at email@example.com between 7 am to 9 pm CST, or by phone at 1-844-376-2779, Monday through Friday between 10 am to 4 pm CST.
Thank you for your business and trust in Snap Kitchen.
- How do I know someone sick hasn’t handled my food?
- We are requiring sick employees to stay home, and are screening our staff daily.
- Are your packaging providers based in the U.S.?
- Yes! All packaging providers are U.S.-based. We do not anticipate a shortage of supply at this time.
- Will any of my favorite meals be going away because of this?
- We are working tirelessly to avoid any disruption but cannot make guarantees given the changing environment.
- Can COVID-19 transfer through food?
- We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging. However, it is always important to follow good hygiene practices (i.e., wash hands and surfaces often, separate raw meat from other foods, cook to the right temperature, and refrigerate foods promptly) when handling or preparing foods.
- What steps are being taken to ensure your prepping, cooking, and shipping facilities stay safe?
- We adhere to HACCP standards including environmental swabbing, listeria testing, and making use of boot scrubbers and full smocks, gloves, masks and floor foam sanitizing equipment. Our staff has received stringent certifications in Food Safety & HACCP practices and consistently make use of all of the above methods designed for virus protection. We also employ daily specialized cleaning and sanitizing protocols to further ensure our kitchens are safe.
- Will there be any delivery precautions taken at this time?
- We’re committed to leaving no-contact deliveries at your door to reduce exposure risks amid this current climate of heightened risk.
- What will be done at your stores to reduce the risk of contamination?
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces and have supplied all Snap locations with the essential materials (i.e. hand sanitizer, disinfecting sprays, wipes, gloves, etc.)