This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at www.snapkitchen.com, any of our social media sites, or any other online site hosted or managed by us (collectively, the "Site") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Site and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any website operated by any third party or by any third party that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
- Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information;
- Information excluded from the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number and other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address and telephone number.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions).
D. Commercial information
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
F. Geolocation data
We collect this information:
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site, which information may include usage details, IP addresses, and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies described in the Section titled “Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies” below;
- When you purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services while using the Site;
- When you participate in interactive features on the Site;
- When you sign up for our e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications as described in the section titled “Information We Collect Through Social Media” below;
- When you enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group as described in more detail under the section titled “Information We Collect Through Surveys and Polls” below;
- when you provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input; and
- Directly from you when you otherwise provide it to us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Site, such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (e.g., behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data. It helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Information We Collect Through Registration
We distribute an electronic newsletter, personalized content, notifications and recommendations and may launch additional products in the future. When you subscribe to our service, you will be asked for certain information – such as name, email address, zip code, dietary restrictions and other information - so that we can customize our products to suit your needs. The more of this information you choose to share with us, the better we can tailor information specifically for you.
Information We Collect Through Social Media
To enable our push notification and other mobile communication services, we may collect and store device IDs to identify each unique mobile device that registers for our service, including for example, device tokens from iOS devices, Live IDs from Windows devices, and other similar identifications from devices running on other platforms. These IDs cannot be tracked back to you, but are tied to a specific device which may only be used by one person. We may collect information including location-related information, internet protocol addresses, mobile device models, carrier information, the operating system of your mobile devices and other non-personally identifiable information.
Information We Collect Through Surveys and Polls
From time to time, users of our Site may be asked to participate in voluntary surveys and polls. As a part of this process you may be asked to supply personal information such as demographic information and lifestyle preferences. These surveys will be strictly voluntary and you can choose whether or not to disclose this information.
Information You Provide to Us
If you contact us on or through the Site, the information we collect may include personal information such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you provide to us, including records and copies of your correspondence.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns, exchanges and requests for information;
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, in-store messages, emails and mobile messages including, for example, by push notification or other mobile communications;
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions;
- Improve the effectiveness of the Site, website, stores, mobile experience and marketing efforts;
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys;
- Administer sweepstakes and contests;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against theft;
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
In addition, we use the User-ID feature of Google Analytics to help us enhance your user experience. User-ID lets us associate a persistent ID for you with your engagement data from one or more sessions initiated from one or more devices. This ability to connect your contacts with us into a single thread also provides us with a more unified, holistic story about your relationship with our business. We will use information received through our use of User-ID in the manner described above. If you would like to opt-out of our use of this service, you may do so by following the instructions found under “Updating Personal Information” below.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Site users is among the assets transferred;
- With certain business partners to provide requested services that we do not provide directly;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not disclosed or sold personal information.
- Privacy of Mobile Applications
With respect to your use of the mobile application portion of our Site (the “App”), the App may include functionality to allow you to create a shopping list, search or add products to a favorites list, check price or product availability, print coupons and engage in a wide variety of other activities and services. In addition, the App may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID) placed by us or our service providers, the unique identifier assigned by us to your device, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the App.
Additionally, the App collects precise information about the location of your device. You must first provide permission through your device before our App obtains such location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity (or a combination of these technologies). We, and our service providers, may use and store this information, in combination with other location-based information such as the IP address and billing or postal code provided by you at time of your App registration, to provide enhanced location based services, such as store specific services, search results, and other content. You can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. Also, you may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
- Our Use of Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of the Site.
- Our Retention of Your Information
- Our Protection of Your Information
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from the Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment.
Parents should always supervise their children while online. The Site is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. So that we may comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we ask that children under the age of thirteen not provide any personal information on the Site. If a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at the email address provided below.
- Updating Personal Information
Based on the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us at the email address provided below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Do Not Track Features
- Notices for California Residents
This Section 11 applies to applies to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California and is adopted to comply with the CCPA. This Section does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
•The categories of personal information we collected about you;
•The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
•Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information;
•The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
•The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request);
•If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
osales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
odisclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
•Calling us at the number provided below; or
•Sending us an email at the address provided below.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent please e-mail us at the email address provided below and provide your name and phone number as well as the authorized agents’ name and contact information (phone number or email address) and let us know what the scope of the authorized agents’ rights are to act on your behalf. If your authorized agent requests sensitive information about you then we may ask you to provide us with a sworn declaration to further verify your identity.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
•Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include your full name, email address, phone number and zip code.
•Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We attempt to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or unreasonable. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
•Deny you goods or services.
•Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
•Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
•Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
“Shine the Light” Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
- Updates to this Policy
- Contacting Us
Last updated: December 22, 2020